This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
I was recently (March 25 – April 9, 2013) interviewed via e-mail by Pia Sophie Berg, a student at the University of Oslo and writer in the student-run literary journal Litteraturtidsskriftet LASSO. The interview (an abridged version of it) was published in the issue depicted above. I have scanned the published interview– abridged due to lack of space in the publication– and included the rest of the interview in this document, available online via Scribd.
This interview should be of interest to literature students curious (and perhaps anxious) about e-literature, regular readers of this blog, and anyone who teaches e-literature. In the interview I discuss the following topics:
- I ♥ E-Poetry’s title, particularly the use of the “♥”.
- Its goal of accelerating a literary and cultural shift towards the digital.
- A definition of e-literature written for literature students.
- Advice for current literature students on how to prepare for the (already ongoing) “digital turn.”
- I ♥ E-Poetry role in meeting the need for content curation.
- Answers to the FAQs:
- “How do you choose what to publish?”
- “Do you have to ‘like’ the piece to publish it on your blog?”
Share and Enjoy!